Thanks for visiting. Here you will find my updates from working in training for the web, digital marketing, games, broadcast and film production industries and what dealing in traineeships, workshops and training programmes for these sectors has taught me. Which may sound rather dry, but I’m not a trainer or teacher – I just help high quality training happen, with recent highlights being:
- Locating talent and project managing Traineeships in partnership with BBC Future Media & Technology.
- Undertaking all planning, marketing, recruitment and management of i.studio, a successful programme of 6 month Traineeships for the web and interactive industries in the North West.
- Commissioning and overseeing successful delivery of Technique, the unique training bootcamp for senior web designers and developers.
- Overseeing the delivery of i.studio+, a suite of management and business skills sessions for junior staff in the web industry
How best to achieve these thing? Well, I like to roll up my sleeves and get stuck in:
- Project Management: I’ve had some fundamental training in Prince2 / SMART techniques but they’re not always the best tools when unknowns and uncertainty can’t be minimised through risk management, so I complement them by being flexible, motivated and pragmatic.
- Marketing and Communications: I’m experienced in researching, identifying and contacting new customers across direct mail and email campaigns, and in keeping existing clients and customers updated and happy.
- IT, web and social media: excellent skills across MS Office, CRM systems and intranets, image editing (Photoshop, but currently having an affair with GIMP), experienced blogger and CMS user. I’ve recently attended some excellent SEO and PPC training with the University of Salford, with experience of establishing and managing groups and conversations on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Moodle and Ning.
(I’m from Burslem – hence the blog name, as it’s the “Mother Town” of the Potteries.I’ll be posting very little – hopefully nothing – about ceramics here. So if you’re after a teapot, dinner service or vase, my apologies…)